Latest review of our terms & conditions was on the 18th January 2013 to update the Bank of England Base Interest Rates, and to provide information on our late payment conditions.
Payment Terms and Conditions 2019.
1) – This will also incorporate SIMPLEDUCKS LTD (~SIMPLEDUCKS LTD~) terms and Conditions of business herewith enclosed into the contract between SIMPLEDUCKS LTD and the Client.
2) – The Terms and Conditions of business will be incorporated into all contracts and will ordinarily be provided to the client by SIMPLEDUCKS LTD.
3) – In the event that a client has received a quotation or contact renewal but has not received a copy of the Terms and Conditions of business then the Terms and Conditions of business will still be incorporated into the contract and the client should make a request to SIMPLEDUCKS LTD preferably in writing for a copy of the Terms and Conditions of business.
Fees for Training Services
4) – ~Candidate~ means a single person. Invoices raised by SIMPLEDUCKS LTD will specify each candidate name and not a group.
5) – Payment terms are 14 days, or the last working day before the course begins (whichever is sooner). Bookings are confirmed once submitted and are subject to cancellation terms below.
6) – Deposits for CPCS, NVQ, Cskills awards & City & Guilds are 50% of the total amount of the qualification and are non refundable once the candidate has been registered by SIMPLEDUCKS LTD.
7) – Candidates and/or Organisations cancelling the qualification after registration but within six weeks of the registration date MUST notify SIMPLEDUCKS LTD within 48hrs in writing or as soon as it is reasonably possible in order to avoid the remaining 50% final payment. Telephone cancellations/deferrals can be accepted but must be confirmed immediately in writing and dated (by post, fax or email).
8) – Candidates and/or Organisations cancelling the qualification after six weeks from the registration date are liable for the full cost of the course minus any verification and certification fees from the awarding body that SIMPLEDUCKS LTD has not yet paid. Such cancellations may arise from unforeseen circumstances with the candidate and/or organisation and SIMPLEDUCKS LTD will endeavour to have the qualification put on hold in accordance with the awarding body scheme rules and contracts.
9) – Full and final payment for courses such as CPCS, NVQ, Cskills awards & City & Guilds are due 12 weeks after the date of registration of that qualification regardless of whether the candidate has or has not submitted his/her relevant portfolio to the assessor for verification.
10) – Upon completion of qualifications SIMPLEDUCKS LTD reserve the right to withold certification until full and final payment is made and funds have cleared in our bank account.
11) – SIMPLEDUCKS LTD reserves the right to refuse admittance to the course until payment is received.
12) Fees quoted are correct at time of publication, but SIMPLEDUCKS LTD reserves the right to alter fees at any time.
13) – SIMPLEDUCKS LTD have a compliants Policy which details the procedures to be followed in the event of a complaint regarding training fees.
14) – Each awarding body that SIMPLEDUCKS LTD is registered with and licensed to deliver their awards also have a complaints procedure and candidates and / or organisations can contact them directly if the candidate and / or organisations feels unsatisfied with the response from SIMPLEDUCKS LTD. Candidates can download our Complaints Procedure within the downloads section of our website prior to enrolling onto any course. Additionally, the candidate will be advised upon the centre complaints procedure during induction.
Cancellations & Returns
15) – SIMPLEDUCKS LTD reserves the right to cancel or alter the dates or provision of service, the venue and the individual or organisation providing the service.
16) – In the event of a course cancellation, bookings will normally be deferred to the next available course at the same venue unless the client specifically requests otherwise. We will offer a 100% refund in this situation.
17) If a booking is cancelled or deferred to a different course by the client, SIMPLEDUCKS LTD reserves the right to apply the following charges:
18) – Notice given % of fee credited back
More than 28 days 100%
15 – 28 days 75%
0 – 14 days 50%
Non-attendance without notice 0%
19) – In addition, SIMPLEDUCKS LTD reserves the right to charge a £30 administration fee for each cancellation/deferral. Telephone cancellations/deferrals can be accepted but must be confirmed immediately in writing (by post, fax or email).
19.1) In the event you are not a Consumer cancellations and returns are at our sole discretion and provisional upon you indemnifying SIMPLEDUCKS LTD for all costs and charges incurred by us in the original delivery of those Products and their subsequent return including any handling charges. Should you wish to return a Product please contact us by telephone or writing
19.2) In the event you are a Consumer
19.3) Subject to 19.4 you have the right, in addition to your other rights, to cancel the Agreement and receive a refund. You must inform us in writing or by phone if you wish to cancel within seven working days, starting on the day after the Products are delivered to you (the ‘Cooling-Off Period’).
19.4) You may not cancel the Agreement if the Products delivered have been customised or personalised or, if the Products are CDs, DVDs, audio or video recordings or computer software, if they are unsealed, or, if you have already accessed Online Products.
19.5) If you cancel the Agreement within the Cooling-Off Period you are to return the Products to us in their original condition, undamaged and at your cost within 14 days of such cancellation. If you have not returned the Products within 14 days of cancellation we can collect the Products from you at your cost.
19.6) On cancellation of the Order we will refund you the price and any postal and packing charge paid by you to send the Products to you, less the direct cost of recovering the Products (where applicable), within a period of 30 days on and from the date of cancellation.
19.7) Your statutory rights are not affected.
19.8) If you contact us to return Products you shall provide your Order Number / invoice number. We shall provide you with a Returns Number for Products to be returned.
19.9) Products returned should be packaged securely, clearly identified with a Returns Number and addressed to our Publications Department.
19.10) Any Products returned will be at your risk and we shall not be responsible for Products which are damaged or lost in transit.
Distance Learning Terms and Conditions
21) – All fees are payable in advance. Course materials will not be sent until payment is received. Fees quoted are correct at time of publication, but SIMPLEDUCKS LTD reserves the right to alter fees at any time.
22) – Cancellations following a confirmed booking will be charged a £30 administration fee. Once materials are sent, refunds cannot be offered.
23) – SIMPLEDUCKS LTD offer a guaranteed pass on all distance learning courses.
24) – This means that candidates are entitled to continue studying (free of charge) if they fail to meet the required standard in the examinations. If applicable, the delegate will be required to pay the exam fees for any re-sits.
25) – The guaranteed pass only applies if the following criteria are met:
26) – The candidate is accepted onto the course by SIMPLEDUCKS LTD:
27) – The candidate takes a full and active part in the course, and completes any tasks/projects set:
28) – The candidate meets the required standard in all tutor – marked assessments
Terms & Conditions of Consultancy Services
29) – “Consultancy” means the provision of specialist health and safety consultancy/advice. These terms and conditions are between SIMPLEDUCKS LTD and the Client. All dealings between SIMPLEDUCKS LTD and the Client shall be governed by these terms and conditions which shall prevail over any others.
30) – These terms and conditions and any contract formed pursuant to them may be varied provided any variation is confirmed in writing by a Director of SIMPLEDUCKS LTD. A Binding contract will be formed when SIMPLEDUCKS LTD accept a Clients order for the provision of the Services (the “Contract”).
31) – The Client shall pay the charges as quoted or shown in the price list (“the Charges”). The Charges and any additional sums payable shall be paid by the Client as follows:
32) – for all Consultancy payment shall be made within 14 days of completion of the consultancy and receipt of invoice.
33) – Unless specified, Value Added Tax will not be included in any price and will be charged at the rate in force at the time of quotation for which the Client shall be additionally liable.
34) – If payment is not made in accordance with Clause 23 above SIMPLEDUCKS LTD shall be entitled without limiting any other rights, and SIMPLEDUCKS LTD may have to:
- a) Charge interest on the outstanding amount (both before and after judgment) on adaily basisat the rate of 8% above the base rate of The Bank of England (currently for 2013 is 0.5%) from the due date until the outstanding amount is paid in full; and
- b) Terminate the Contract immediately.
For information regarding business rights to charge interest for late payment please visit this web site for further information.
For information on the current Bank of England base rates for 2013 please follow this link.
35) – SIMPLEDUCKS LTD shall not be liable to the Client or be deemed to be in breach of the Contract by reason of any delay in performing, interruption in performing or any failure to perform any of SIMPLEDUCKS LTDs obligations under the Contract if the delay or failure is due to any cause beyond SIMPLEDUCKS LTDs reasonable control.
36) – SIMPLEDUCKS LTD shall not be liable for any loss including but not limited to loss of profit and aggravated damages for loss of enjoyment or other claims suffered by the Client (except in respect of death or personal injury caused by SIMPLEDUCKS LTDs negligence) arising out of performance of the Contract by SIMPLEDUCKS LTD (or its servants or agents).
37) – SIMPLEDUCKS LTD’s entire liability in connection with all or any claims in contract, tort, statute or otherwise arising under the Contract shall not exceed the amount of the Charges for the provision of the Services.
38) – SIMPLEDUCKS LTD reserve the right to cancel and/or amend course dates, times, contents and venues. Every effort will be made to give the Client as much notice as possible and offer a reasonable alternative if these are not satisfactory. In the event that payment has already been received SIMPLEDUCKS LTD shall refund in full the price of the course. No further compensation will be given.
39) – The Client shall indemnify SIMPLEDUCKS LTD for any losses incurred as a result of providing inaccurate information to SIMPLEDUCKS LTD, mistakes contained within the Client’s order, changes to the Contract requested by the Client, the cancellation of the Contract (otherwise than in accordance with paragraph 6) by the Client or breach of the Contract by the Client (subject to SIMPLEDUCKS LTD using all reasonable endeavours to minimise such loss).
40) -The Client shall not be entitled by reason of any set-off, counterclaim, abatement or analogous deduction to withhold payment of any amount due to SIMPLEDUCKS LTD unless otherwise agreed in writing by a Director of SIMPLEDUCKS LTD.
41) – If the Client becomes bankrupt or enters liquidation, administration or administrative receivership or has a receiver of any of its assets appointed (or ceases or threatens to cease carrying on business) SIMPLEDUCKS LTD shall be entitled to terminate any outstanding Contract(s) and/or suspend further services without liability to the Client and any sums outstanding shall become immediately due.
42) – Any written notice given under these terms and conditions shall be served either by registered post or by facsimile to the relevant partys registered /principal office or last known address.
43) – These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. In the event that one or more clauses of these terms and conditions become invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected.
44) – SIMPLEDUCKS LTD will endevaour to ensure all estimates provided to the Client are as accurate as possible. However estimates are an approximation or prediction of a ~quantity~ based on professional experience and / or information supplied to SIMPLEDUCKS LTD at the time of the estimate by the Client. The Client shall indemnify SIMPLEDUCKS LTD for any losses incurred as a result of providing inaccurate information to SIMPLEDUCKS LTD or mistakes contained within the Client’s order through either the Clients acts or ommissions.
45) – Following an acceptance of an Estimate by the Client, SIMPLEDUCKS LTD shall provide a full cost breakdown before entering into ~contract~ with the Client and this document is named the ~Tender~.
46) – Written acceptance of the Tender is required by the Client either by letter, email or fax prior to the commencement of the contract.
47) – The Terms and Conditions of business will be incorporated into all contracts and will ordinarily be provided to the client by SIMPLEDUCKS LTD.
The full name of our company is SIMPLEDUCKS LTD.
We are registered in England & Wales under Companies House Registration Number 7272777.
Documents may be served at our Registered address:
5 Meadvale Road,
You can contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing.
Our trading address is:
5 Meadvale Road,