1 Day QCF Emergency First Aid at Work
The 1-day Emergency First Aid at Work course, accredited by NUCO and nationally recognised, will teach delegates the skills and knowledge required to give emergency first aid. If a company has acknowledged a need for emergency first aid practitioners within the organisation, this would be the perfect course to send employees on as it satisfies the requirements of the HSE. At Simpleducks, we feel it is imperative that all delegates are trained to a standard that ensures the health and safety throughout the sector and to understand the implications when those standards are not met.
Terms & Conditions
Your seat is reserved for 24 hours until payment is received in full. You can pay online with us through WorldPay, which will reserve your seat immediately. See our T&C’s here at www.simpleducks.com/terms
The Emergency First Aid at Work course is covered across 1 full day and provides the following benefits:
- Successful learners will be qualified emergency first aiders upon completion and will be able deal with a range of first aid emergency situations in a calm, safe and effective manner.
- Increases chances of employability as the course covers content applicable and skills transferrable to a variety of occupations.
- Provides assurance to current or future employers that they have highly trained personnel on site should any incidents or accidents occur requiring first aid.
Health and Safety laws require companies to provide safe environments of work. When organisations complete their risk assessments, it can highlight a need for emergency first aid practitioners
And leading employees to require the necessary training to satisfy the HSE requirement. This course is designed specifically for that need by training learners at the highest possible level enabling them to deal with emergency first aid situations competently.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is designed for anyone looking to gain an accredited emergency first aid qualification at Level 3 (Level 6 in Scotland). No previous experience or qualification is required.
A range of topics are covered throughout the day and include the following: - Responsibilities and reporting of first aid incidents - Dealing with injured persons who are unresponsive and resuscitation.
- Assessing situations surrounding a first aid emergency.
Along with the above, delegates will learn about:
- Minor injuries and basic hygiene in first aid
- Burns, choking and bleeding
- Epilepsy, anatomy and shock
Learners are assessed on their knowledge and practical skills continuously throughout the day as there is no final exam. Those who have demonstrated their ability to the required standard will be issues with a certificate that will be valid for 3 years from the day of completion.
There are not currently any renewal courses for this qualification therefore delegates will need to attend another first aid course upon expiry of the qualification certificate.