5 Day Site Managers Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) Course – Weekends
This 5-day course is for those who are, or will be, responsible for the planning, organising, monitoring and overseeing staff working in the building, construction and civil engineering industries. It will cover all related legislation and best working practices therefore allowing delegates to be competent in their managerial roles. The course is endorsed by Build UK as the standard training for all construction managers.
Price (inc. Vat)
Your seat is reserved for 24 hours until payment is received in full. You can pay online with us through WorldPay, which will reserve your seat immediately. See our Terms and Conditions here at www.simpleducks.com/terms-and-conditions
This Site Managers Safety Training Scheme course is covered across 5 days (1-2 days per weekend across a maximum of 5 weeks) and provides the following benefits:
- Delegates will be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of their responsibilities in regards to health, safety and welfare of staff on site.
- Employers will hold evidence that their employees are fully compliant with the relevant legislation and safe practices.
- Delegates will have the relevant knowledge to be able to sustain a health and safety culture among the workforce with regards to risk assessments, control measures and good communication.
A variety of topics are covered across the 5 days including how to implement relevant legislation such as: - The Health & Safety at Work Act - CDM Regulations
You will also cover:
- Risk assessments and method statements
- The safest working practices and behavioural safety
- Scaffolding, electricity and excavations
- Confined spaces and working at heights
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The SMSTS is not restricted to site managers and can be suitable for supervisors and agents who have the responsibilities that require the training. It is for anyone who is, or will be, responsible for the planning, and organising.
As well as monitoring and overseeing staff working in the building, construction and civil engineering industries.
Learners will need to complete the 5 days, core exercises and the final examination in order to be issued with the Construction Site Manager’s Safety Certificate.
The exam consists of 25 questions; 20 multiple-choice and 5 safety critical questions – the pass mark is 80% and learners must answer ALL of the 5 safety critical questions correctly. Certification will be valid for 5 years. Nearing expiry, a 2-day refresher course is available which will allow delegates to extend their qualification for a further 5 years. Please follow the link to view the SMSTS refresher course.