3 Day QCF First Aid at Work
We are delighted to be able to offer the 3-day First Aid at Work course accredited by NUCO and nationally recognised. Successful learners will be qualified first aiders, trained to the highest level which meets the statutory requirements of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981. At Simpleducks, we feel it is imperative that all delegates are trained to a standard that ensures the health and safety throughout the sector and to understand the implications when those standards are not met.
Price (inc. Vat)
Your seat is reserved for 24 hours until payment is received in full. You can pay online with us through WorldPay, which will reserve your seat immediately. See our Terms and Conditions here at www.simpleducks.com/terms-and-conditions
The First Aid at Work course is covered across 3 days and provides the following benefits:
- Successful learners will be qualified first aiders upon completion and will be able deal with a range of first aid emergency situations in a calm, safe and effective manner.
- Increases chances of employability as the course covers content applicable and skills transferrable to a variety of occupations.
- Provides assurance to current or future employers that they have highly trained personnel on site should any incidents or accidents occur requiring first aid.
A range of topics are covered across the 3 days and include the following: - Legalities, responsibilities and reporting of first aid incidents - Dealing with injured persons who are unresponsive and resuscitation - Assessing situations and environments surrounding a first aid emergency.
Along with the above, learners will be taught about commonly occurring and specific injuries such as:
- Head, eye and chest injuries
- Burns, sprains, strains, fractures and spinal injuries
- Heart attacks, asthma, stroke and epilepsy
- Choking and poisoning
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is designed for anyone looking to gain an accredited first aid qualification at Level 3 (Level 6 in Scotland). No previous experience or qualification is required.
The 3 days (18 hours) do not need to be taught consecutively however learners must complete the full 3 days within 10 weeks of starting the course.
Learners are assessed practically throughout the 3 days of the course with a written assessment at the end of each day. Upon successful completion, learners will be issued with a certificate which is valid for 3 years.
Learners will be able to renew their First Aid at Work qualification by attending a 2-day re-qualification course. Although this can be done up to 1 month after the expiry date of your certificate, it is important to remember that you will no longer be considered a competent first aider once your certificate has expired. At Simpleducks, we recommend you look into the renewal course 3 months prior to your certificate expiring to ensure you are able to remain fully qualified and competent in first aid.